Wednesday, June 19, 2013


Well folks, I made it to London. I couldn’t have asked for a better last week in Cape Town, I was able to do all of my favorite things, multiple times!

Tuesday, Caroline and I went to dinner with a girl from George Washington and turns out she is from Fort Worth! ..crazy...We ate at Panama Jack’s, which is a seafood restaurant tucked inside the Cape Town harbor.  That morning I wandered out to Kalk Bay and popped in and out of the shops, had lunch at Olympia Cafe then went to Muizenberg one last time! 

Wednesday, I went to yogs and then the girls in my home group met for coffee at Cafeen . That evening we had a Bible watching marathon and everyone brought yummy treats to celebrate my time with them. My home group was such a blessing while being in Cape Town and I am so thankful for each and everyone of them. 

Thursday morning I went with Roland to pick up the new IES summer students from the airport.  I hung out with them all morning/introduced them to Starlings! Lynette picked me up at 1:45 and we went to MGV together for the last time. That evening I yogd and then hit the hay quite early.

Friday was awesome! I woke up, packed a little, decided I wanted a massage. Went to Newlands and ate at Melissa’s.  Had a massage by Mira at Sanctuary. Went to my last yoga class, taught by Allison. That evening, Rodney picked Caroline and I up and we headed for HOUT BAY where we ate and shopped.  We took the scenic route home by Camps Bay and Clifton to blow kisses to the ocean.  We stopped at Bungalow and had a cocktail. From there we did a drive by at BomBay Bicycle Club which was too crowded so we ended up settling for Jade in Greenpoint.  Our night ended at Club 31, where we were extremely impressed with the bathroom, but not the music! We slumbered at Caroline’s and arose to take on Saturday bright and early! 

We started the day off at the Steenberg Spa with facials and manicures then went to indulge at Old Biscuit once more.  Caroline watched Silver Lining’s Playbook while I packed and prepared to leave Dun Vegs forever.  

Yesterday, I was over the fact that IES was over and all my friends had left.  I realize that all good things come to an end and what we had was GREAT! The part that made me so nauseous was that I have no idea when I will get to go back.  If I could in four weeks, I probably would!  Caroline dropped me off at the airport and I was fine until I walked through security.  Realizing it was really over and really time to move on was sickening.  I am sooo soooo soooo beyond thankful though that I was able to spend 5 months of my life there.... Until next time CPT. 

The flight to London was quite long.  11 hours seemed to creep by. I made it with no problems and am currently sitting in the air port waiting for all of the TCU people to arrive! I’m getting more excited by the minute and am ready to start fresh with a new city! 

Follow me on twitter! I will be tweeting for my class with my new iPad mini!!! @annaliv21

xoxo

Hanging with Praise at Bungalow 


Club 31


What a view 


Going to miss this..


Annual Saturday Affair 


Great words to live by

No comments:

Post a Comment